Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Social Networking - No Really! It's for work!!! :D

In looking for a social network that would serve me professionally, I tried to strike out on my own - but all I did was literally strike out.  I could not find a social network that wasn't defunct.  After deciding that it would probably be better if I just checked out some that Dr. Burgos suggested, I clicked on EFL Classroom 2.0.  I love it!

This site has everything you could ever want in one place.  Twitter feeds, blogging updates, articles, pictures of EFL classrooms, suggestions for activities and literatures, simply everything.  It would probably take me awhile to explore everything that's on it completely, but that's exactly what I plan to do!

Going back to the idea of connectivism, this is a network that gains power with each person that joins it, and MANY people have joined.  This is a wonderful resource for teachers to develop new and exciting things to do in the classroom, to access new ideas, to get suggestions on how to deal with problems, and just to develop relationships with others in the same profession.  I highly recommend the site to ESOL teachers.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I'm happy to know that you found a good network to "plug into."